Katie invited me and the kids to the zoo for Jayden's 2nd birthday. The kids had a blast! Derek did not want to go, even though Katie and I were beat and hot! But, it was a very fun day, in fact the most fun at a zoo I have ever had. The only day to go to the zoo is during the week with just a couple other people. It was so relaxing and uncrowded.
Derek's 2 favorite things to do at the zoo are to play in the splash park and at the playground...I thought the fun of a zoo was the animals, but I guess I don't know anything:)
The kids also enjoyed a ride on the merry-go-round. Emily was NOT happy to get off the ride. But she got over it:)
By the time we hit the splash park, Emily was exhausted. She was too scared to go in the water, so she just sat in the shade looking tired.
Derek and Jayden on the other hand, LOVED the splash park. Every time Derek would come out of the slide he would have a huge grin on his face and do a little hop, skip, and a jump routine. I was lucky to catch one on camera without other kids in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment