My favorite time of year is definitely Spring. The weather is beautiful, flowers are in bloom, the peach trees in our yard are in bloom. It is just beautiful. I love sitting outside just watching the kids play...granted I sometimes neglect to take time to do this, but when I do I wonder why I don't do it more often. It is starting to warm up which does sadden me some because in the valley when it starts to warm up, watch out!! I'm not looking forward to the summer heat but I guess I should just focus on what I have now. ]
This past Saturday we spent some time in the yard planting and doing yard work. I planted cantaloupe, cucumbers, herbs, and then I also plan to plant beans, carrots, and peppers this week. Our tomatoes are starting to turn red, and they are delicious...I have missed their wonderful flavor. We have a wonderful pea production this year...first successful time...yippee!! We almost gave up on peas in the summer until last year around this time. We were at Sister Harris' house (a sister in our ward), admiring her garden and were astounded that she had huge pea plants. Our problem was planting way to early in the fall. This time we waited until it was chilly and then planted, and it was worth it. They are so tasty. I love them lightly sauteed, so sweet!! The kids and Darrell like them straight off the plant, and when I serve them heated for dinner the kids turn their noses up...funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment