Friday, February 5, 2010
Now a small bit about me
Some know that by profession I am a registered nurse. I worked full time for 4 years before leaving to be home full time. At the time it was right for our family, but lately I have had the desire to return to work for a variety of reasons. I have been nervous about returning after a 2.5 year absence, plus leaving my kids and such. I love being a nurse and really have no other "hobby," other than reading. So I decided to take the plunge and applied for a job at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center. I worked there previously on a telemetry (heart)/stroke unit and loved it. I usually go for what I am comfortable with and was going to apply there again but decided to try something new. I applied for an Emergency Room position. Well I interviewed last Monday and found out this past Tuesday that I was hired. I am really excited! I got a full time but only 32 hour per week job. The best part is my sister in law Hailie will be taking care of my kids so I don't have to put them in a full time day care which I have never wanted to do. Well anyway, just thought I would share. I'm excited for this new adventure and nervous...hopefully it will be just like riding a bicycle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's absolutely wonderful, Kendra! I'm so excited for you! I absolutely loved working in ED and I hope you do too!
Congratulations! That sounds exciting!
That's really exciting, Kendra! I can tell you gave the decision a lot of thought. Congratulations on the new job! I'm sure you'll be great at it!
Congratulations on the job! I'm sure you will be great, and everything will work out!
Wow Kendra!! This sounds perfect for you. I'm so glad life's given you this gift.
Post a Comment