Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Away and Christmas at Home

Christmas morning is so much fun with kids. I especially enjoy the great reactions I caught on video. But for blogging purposes I just have snapshots. Our kids were a little odd on Christmas morning. They didn't wake up until around 7:00, and then they played in their rooms quietly for some time. I then got up to see if they wanted to open presents. Derek responds "after we play with legos." What!? This from a kid...Derek...who was begging to open up presents on Christmas Eve. So we waited another 10 minutes or so and then they were ready:)

Derek had a plentiful Christmas. Here he is displaying a Tonka Road Carpet that I found at Walmart and his Worker outfit and tools that he received from Grandma and Grandpa Brimhall.

Sarah is holding a teething toy she received. She thankfully received 2 pairs of pajamas this Christmas, one from mom and dad and one from Grandma and Grandpa Lamb, because if you notice in the picture, the toe seems have weakened and her toes pop through:) Emily is displaying her box of cereal and a few books. She has loved her cereal and wants it every day...only one more bowl left as of today...yippee!!!!

Later on Christmas day we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Lamb's house. Here Sarah is wrapped up beautifully for Christmas. Isn't she the most adorable gift ever:) Then of course there is a picture with Sarah standing in Grandpa's hands. My dad has done this to all of us kids and continued with the grand kids. Emily was the only one who wouldn't do it. She has never been a lion at heart, even from when she was a baby. Sarah on the other hand loves being tossed in the air and showing off her standing tricks.

Lastly here is a sweet picture of Sarah and cousin Makenzie. I hope they will be good friends as they grow up. Well, Christmas was great and I loved having Darrell home for a few weeks, but I for one am glad the holidays are winding down because I'm ready for a break:)

No comments: