Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Another Holiday Excursion

My Grandpa's party was at his home in Dewey, a little town outside Prescott. The party was Friday, and so Thursday we went up early and stayed in Prescott at a hotel. We did this just for fun and to enjoy our little family. The hotel was nice and had a heated pool...including a heated kiddie pool. It was great! We went swimming Thursday night and Friday morning. The kids loved it. This was Sarah's first time swimming and she loved kicking and splashing.

On our way up to Prescott we stopped at the Anthem outlet mall to look for pants for Derek. At children's place they were having an amazing sale. We got Sarah's swim suit and 6 pairs of pants for $48 dollars. The swimsuit was the most expensive thing. The pants were only 4.99 a pair. When we saw that we had to stock up. We bought 2 pair in Derek's size now 2 for the next size and 2 for Emily's next size. I love when I find deals like that!

One thing I love about staying in a hotel is the free continental breakfast. This hotel by far had the best one. They had omelets, sausage, home fries, fruit, oatmeal, biscuits, waffles, muffins, bagels, cereal, muffins, danishes, juice, and toast. I loved it. I had two plates with omelet, home fries, and biscuits. I just enjoy the variety without having to cook the variety:)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally agree! I've been in a lot of hotels over the last month, and the happiest part of the day was always the continental breakfast. The places with the waffle-makers are practically heaven!

Katy Asher said...

You've always loved breakfast best, Kendra. Makes me hungry thinking about it.