Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Arts & Crafts and other Fun Things

Painting...Coloring...Drawing.  If I let the girls do these things all day, they would.  Every time I turn around the table has exploded with papers, markers, pencils, tape, paint, scissors, glue.  Emily says she wants to be an artist.  Of course Sarah's paints look a lot different than Emily's.  Emily's are perfectly beautiful and not mixed...Sarah's on the other hand...well eventually her paints end up looking like one color:)



I have been attempting to discipline myself to take time in the afternoon after lunch and school work is done to allow the kids to get out anything they want to work on, and to be available to help them with what they need.  It is difficult for me to jus sit and watch and work with them sometimes, when I can think of a hundred other things I "need" to get done.  I'm trying to remember this time will pass and one day I will wish I watched them more...somedays are easier than others to remember this.



Derek likes to draw too, but on his own time.  During our afternoon project time he usually wants to do something else...such as play chess.  So one day we did this while the girls colored and painted.


He also likes to do science projects.  This project was to make slime...he loved this one.  It was pretty neat to see the ingredients become this solid slime:)



No comments: