Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My First Fancy Pie


So, two years ago Darrell and I canned 2 huge boxes of cherries and we have hardly used them. After doing my jam and chicken I realized I needed to start using those cherries. I was going to make a simple cherry crisp, but Darrell REALLY wanted a pie with good crust. He said if I learned how to make a good crust he would love it because is opinion is that the crust makes or breaks a pie. Well this was my first attempt at a fancy looking crust. I was quite pleased with myself, and it did actually taste good. I got a huge thumbs up from Darrell and so it was worth the effort...and boy was it effort:)

1 comment:

Carly said...

I am seriously impressed. Pie crust is completely evil. I tried like 10 times to make one to no avail before it finally worked the last time. And by worked, I mean stayed together and fit on the pie, not that I was able to make a fancy lattice or anything, I think it had 2 stripes each way. Oh well. You are my pie hero.