Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Chicken House

This is Miss Emmy with her wacky morning hair, outside watching the chickens devour a treat of corn meal. Derek and Emily really love having the chickens outside. They are getting big and let the kids hold them, and are used to being followed. The chickens are out of the cage most of the day now, just grazing and walking around the yard.

Darrell has been working very hard the past month to finish the chicken coop. It looks very nice sitting in our backyard. The kids have enjoyed playing in it as it has been constructed. John has donated a lot of time also, helping Darrell to finish. He still has a little more work to do before the chickens can pack their bags and move in, but it is close. Darrell will be glad to have that project out of the way.



2 comments:

James and Becky said...

That is an amazing house darrell its nicer than my comps house. I would love to play in that house.

LOVE TO DANCE said...

OHHHH, I miss you all so much, I want to smooch Derek if he would hold still for me for a minute! I am so happy you are my sis in law. I think the world of you, I love your homeschool info, and the chicken coop is sOoooo cute! I hope our playhouse will look as cute as the chicken coop. I love visiting your blog!