Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The New Additions

We added 8 new creatures to our family today...yes...chickens:) Darrell's friend Scott is getting chickens and it got Darrell excited and so now here they are. Right now they are living in a plastic container, but will soon have a nice new home that Darrell is going to build in his spare time to put in our ever shrinking back yard.

Derek and Emily both love them of course...me, well maybe someday:) Above is a picture of Emily giving one a kiss. It is hard to keep Derek from holding them all the time. I'm afraid he'll squish them if we let him hold them too much. So, we'll see how this adventure goes when we have eggs coming out our ears.





3 comments:

Alison said...

Yay chickens! I hear they really do make good pets - what other animals totally earn their keep?

LOVE TO DANCE said...

Oh I love the posts, so fun to see her crazy hair, like Emma's ! I am so giddy to see you all again. I have contemplated chickens, let me know how it goes.
LL

LOVE TO DANCE said...

Oh I love the posts, so fun to see her crazy hair, like Emma's ! I am so giddy to see you all again. I have contemplated chickens, let me know how it goes.
LL