Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Lake Powell

This post is a tad late considering our Lake Powell adventure were at the end of June, but better late than never:) We spent 4 days out on the lake swimming in the water and enjoying the wonderful company of family. The kids practically lived in the water and loved it.


One of the days we had a talent show. After watching the first act, Jayden and Emily wanted to participate. Of course once they stood in front of everyone nothing happened, but at least I got a cute picture of the two.

Here is a good chunk of everyone lounging out behind the houseboat. Sarah loved walking around on the front and back porches and on top of the houseboat. She was just learning to walk at the time and it was funny to watch her toddle around. She especially loved coming in and out the front door.

There is a water slide that goes of the back of the boat. It is pretty steep and far from the water. I told Derek to go down. I didn't actually think he would, but after much persuasion, he finally did and LOVED It as you can tell by the very cute grin.

Little Sarah often has very silly expressions.

Of course lake Powell wouldn't be Lake Powell without the jet ski rides. Both Emily and Derek love going out with dad on the lake.

Emily spent countless hours floating around in theses swim rings. She would sit out by herself and spin round and round. She couldn't get enough of being in the water.



There was an ongoing sandcastle project going on during the trip. Derek and Emily loved helping dad. Derek did get a little possessive of the castle and when Grandma Brimhall put little people all over he was not happy and destroyed them...mmm little stinker!

Sarah did not spend much time actually on the beach, she preferred being on the boat like her mom. I liked sitting on top and reading a book, although I did go for a swim a couple times.

We had not been able to go to Lake Powell since Derek was a baby, and is was fun to go back. The kids had a blast playing with cousins. It was a change of scenery and I enjoyed visiting with everyone.

No comments: