The amount of pictures that children draw and the amount of projects and creations they do boggles the mind and clutters the house. While on the Internet one day I found a great suggestion for helping with that clutter...take pictures of the artwork and after displaying in the home for a reasonable amount of time it can be recycled:) When Derek was really little I just tossed most of it, but now he notices...we now keep his creations in a folder and when it gets full we'll have to learn about decluttering and keeping only his favorites. Well a huge pile of artwork was growing on my counter so I took a few pictures and here are a few samples.
"The Thanksgiving Turkey" by Derek Brimhall. This turkey was created using materials donated by the Bashas' clubhouse. (I love the clubhouse...free babysitting while I shop!)
"The Blurry Thanksgiving Turkey" by Emily Brimhall. I noticed it was blurry after I loaded on the computer...and oops...I have already recycled the poor bird.
"The Rainbow Copycat" by Emily Brimhall. Emily has been obsessed about rainbows as of late and asks me to draw one almost every day. So I drew one for her and then when I came back later to clean up the table I found she had tried to make a rainbow herself on top of mine...isn't that just sooooo cute!
"Planets" by Derek Brimhall. These are some planets and the sun. There are also asteroids...don't ask me to identify which is which. He told me, but I can't remember now and don't want to find him right now to clarify.
Last but not least "Rendition of the First Vision" by Derek Brimhall. Derek has gotten very good at drawing lately and comes up with all sorts of pictures. This one put a smile on my face...he does pay attention in primary and in Family Home Evening!! The two people on top of course are Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. The little brown figure is Joseph Smith and the brown blob next to him is a rock.
Well I hope you enjoyed these selections from the Brimhall Art Gallery.
No comments:
Post a Comment